While continuing to operate as Victoria’s largest not-for-profit private hospital, Epworth Richmond has undergone a rapid expansion as the largest not-for-profit private hospital in Australia.
The redevelopment of clinical facilities at Epworth Richmond has turned our Bridge Road campus into the epicentre of world-class, private health care in Melbourne. Epworth Richmond presents a rare opportunity for doctors and nurses to become part of a dynamic, patient-focused and state-of-the-art hospital environment.
Our facilities have expanded to meet future demands for acute surgical and medical care and rehabilitation. It’s a truly exciting time to be at Epworth Richmond.
We are an innovator, embracing the latest evidence-based medicine to pioneer treatments and patient care. An integral part of our development focuses on purpose-built research and teaching facilities, supporting Epworth’s vision to become a leader in teaching hospitals. We create an environment where research informs best medical practice.
Patient care is central to all we do. Epworth Richmond represents our core values, supporting our patients and staff, creating a strong sense of community. It’s our people who make Epworth Richmond such an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Epworth Richmond currently treats over 42,000 patients each year. Over the next four to five years the hospital will become Victoria’s most advanced private health care provider, with:
- Expansion of critical care facilities including the Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit and Cardiac Unit
- A total of 777 inpatient beds (an increase of 328 beds)
- The majority of inpatient beds are private rooms with en suites
- Increase to 39 operating theatres
- Purpose-built research and teaching facilities to support Epworth’s vision to become a full teaching hospital
- The latest and most innovative evidence-based clinical treatment and care