Epworth HealthCare is a teaching provider, educating the next generation of health professionals through our medical, nursing and Allied Health education and training programs. We partner with key universities and TAFEs across Victoria. Our engaging programs are supported by senior specialist clinicians and clinical educators across Epworth.
The benefits of our full academic teaching hospital include:
- Improving the quality of care for patients and outcomes
- Educating and training current and future clinical workforce
- Enhancing innovation and the introduction of state-of-the-art technology and treatments
- Expanded research activities leading to improved patient treatments
- Providing industry leadership through being a best-practice health care organisation.
Teaching and research at Epworth Geelong
Epworth Geelong is a comprehensive acute and rehabilitation private hospital integrating clinical practice with teaching and research. Epworth HealthCare and Deakin University are working in partnership to incorporate:
- a dedicated education precinct
- purpose-designed training programs
- integrated learning facilities within clinical areas of the hospital.
Facilities at Epworth Geelong boosts clinical training of our medical, nursing and allied health undergrad and postgrad students. Epworth Geelong is an important centre for research in a range of health sciences.