Registered Nurse Graduate Program
Our Registered Nurse Program facilitates your transition to become a confident and competent registered nurse through an exciting educational program.
The Registered Nurse Graduate Program operates across five divisions of Epworth HealthCare and offers:
- a structured and challenging clinical learning environment which has both support and variety
- collaboration with educational staff in order to shape your graduate year
- the opportunity to develop a sense of belonging through collegiality and shared values
Our 12 month program is flexible and tailored for you. It may include rotations through specialties including cardiac, gynaecology, neuroscience, general surgery, medical, orthopaedics, oncology, rehabilitation, urology, plastics, vascular, thoracic, emergency, mental health, acquired brain injury and theatre.
The rotations available at each site will be explained at open days and throughout the interview process.
We invite you to select and apply to the division that best meets your clinical needs.
The Epworth HealthCare graduate nurse program begins with a comprehensive orientation. This is designed to prepare you for clinical work and introduce you to nursing at Epworth. We recognise that clinical support is critical to your transition and development.
Support systems are in place across the organisation and may include:
- GNP coordinator at each division
- designated clinical resource nurses and qualified preceptors
- Preceptors to work with you throughout your graduate year
Our Graduate Nurse Program includes a structured theoretical component:
- five development days days are scheduled throughout the year providing shared learning opportunities across the divisions, focusing on professional issues as well as providing ongoing education to meet your clinical needs
- Epworth HealthCare conducts regular educational programs across many specialties, which graduates are encouraged to attend
- support for those graduates completing honours programs
Graduates are employed on a part-time basis (four days per week) some speciality programs may be full time. We encourage flexibility in rostering and it is expected that you will work day, evening, weekend and night duty shifts.
Epworth HealthCare encourages professional development and has affiliations with major universities and offers support of post-graduate diplomas in many nursing specialties.
Educational opportunities are available at each site for graduates and staff — ranging from ward in-service to seminars on a broad range of topics.
Locations and intake
This program operates at these Epworth locations:
- Epworth Eastern
- Epworth Freemasons
- Epworth Geelong
- Epworth Rehabilitation (Epworth Brighton, Epworth Camberwell, Epworth Hawthorn and Epworth Richmond)
- Epworth Clinic (Mental Health)
- Epworth Richmond Acute
Epworth HealthCare has three annual intakes for the Registered Nurse Program, in February, March and July. Interviews with prospective applicants are held at each site throughout August.
Applications and further information
Australian citizens and permanent residents only.
Applications for the Registered Nurse Graduate Program
Please apply during the recruitment (intake) periods on our vacancies page.
Applications open 29 May 2017 and close 21 July 2017
Letter of application should be addressed and posted directly to the relevant coordinator and individuals.
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Phone: 03 8807 7594
Phone: 03 9483 3324
Phone: 03 9415 5706
Phone: 03 9426 8759
Phone: 0407 352 768
Frequently asked questions
How to apply
Australian citizens and permanent residents may only apply.
Applications for the Registered Nurse Graduate Program can be submitted via our careers website during recruitment (intake) periods and can be found at our vacancies page.
- Apply via Epworth Careers to each division of interest
- Complete Computer Match preferences listing each Epworth division of interest as a preference (excluding Epworth Geelong, Rehabilitation and Mental Health applicants)
- Post to the relevant graduate coordinator the following documents:
- letter of application outlining why you would like to work at Epworth HealthCare
- curriculum vitae
- academic transcript with results legend (certified as per Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) standard)
- two complete clinical placement reports, from your most recent third-year placement (certified as per AHPRA standard)
- one passport-sized photos