Registered Nurse Graduate Program
Our Registered Nurse Program facilitates your transition to become a confident and competent registered nurse through an exciting educational program.
The Registered Nurse Graduate Program operates across five divisions of Epworth and offers a choice of five different programs – general ward, rehabilitation, perioperative services, mental health and midwifery for graduate midwives.
All programs offer:
- A structured and challenging clinical learning environment which has both support and variety
- Collaboration with educational staff in order to shape your graduate year
- The opportunity to develop a sense of belonging through collegiality and shared values
Our 12 month program is flexible and tailored for you. It may include rotations through specialties including cardiac, gynaecology, neuroscience, general surgery, medical, orthopaedics, oncology, rehabilitation, urology, plastics, vascular, thoracic, emergency, mental health, acquired brain injury and perioperative services.
We also offer specialist programs at some of our sites such as midwifery, mental health and perioperative services.
The rotations available at each site will be explained at open days and throughout the interview process.
We invite you to select and apply to the division/programs that best meets your clinical needs.
The Epworth HealthCare graduate nurse program begins with a comprehensive orientation. This is designed to prepare you for clinical work and introduce you to nursing at Epworth. We recognise that clinical support is critical to your transition and development.
Support systems are in place across the organisation and may include:
- Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator (GNP coordinator) at each division
- Designated clinical facilitators, coaches and preceptors
- Clinical Nurse Educators (CNE)
Our Graduate Nurse Program includes a structured theoretical component:
- Five development days are scheduled throughout the year providing shared learning opportunities across the divisions, focusing on professional issues as well as providing ongoing education to meet your clinical needs
- Epworth HealthCare conducts regular educational programs across all specialties including; inservices, workshops and seminars, which graduates are encouraged to attend
- Epworth also provides support for those graduates completing honours programs
- Epworth HealthCare encourages professional development and has affiliations with major universities and offers support of post-graduate studies in many nursing specialties.
Graduates are employed on a part time/full time basis (minimum four days per week). The speciality perioperative program at Richmond is only full time. We encourage flexibility in rostering and it is expected that you will work day, evening, weekend and night duty shifts.
Locations and intake
This program operates at these Epworth locations:
- Epworth Eastern
- Epworth Freemasons
- Epworth Geelong
- Epworth Rehabilitation (Epworth Brighton, Epworth Camberwell, Epworth Hawthorn and Epworth Richmond)
- Epworth Clinic (Mental Health)
- Epworth Richmond Acute
Epworth HealthCare has three annual intakes for the Registered Nurse Program, in February, March and July. Interviews with prospective applicants are held at each site throughout August.
Applications and further information
Australian citizens and permanent residents only.
Applications for the Registered Nurse Graduate Program
Please apply during the recruitment (intake) periods on our Careers page.
Applications open Monday 10 June 2019 and close Friday 19 July 2019.
Letter of application should be addressed and posted directly to the site coordinator.
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Phone: 03 8807 7594
Phone: 03 9483 3324
Phone: 03 9415 5706
Phone: 03 9426 8759
Phone: 03 5271 7921
Frequently asked questions
How to apply
Australian citizens and permanent residents may only apply.
Applications for the Registered Nurse Graduate Program can be submitted via our careers website during recruitment (intake) periods and can be found at our Careers page.
- Apply via Epworth Careers to each division of interest
- Complete Computer Match preferences listing each Epworth division of interest as a preference (excluding Epworth Geelong)
- Post to the relevant graduate coordinator the following documents:
- letter of application outlining why you would like to work at Epworth HealthCare and particular site
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript with results legend (certified as per Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) standard)
- Two complete clinical acute placement reports, from your most recent acute placements preferably third year (certified as per AHPRA standard)
- One passport-sized photo with your name written on the back